Escuela de Inmersión en Español
Class Placement Surveys
These forms were sent home with students. If you have more than one child at Maxwell, please notice the grade level at the top of each page. Different color forms have been sent for each level to help us keep them organized. We use parent survey information in addition to criteria such as academic achievement, ethnicity, and gender in an effort to create balanced, optimal learning environments. For complete details on the placement process, go to the SBDM Policy section of Maxwell’s website (http://www.maxwell.fcps.net/sbdm). Any questions or concerns should be directed to Mrs. Bell, Mrs. Grant, or Mrs. MacDonald.
Group pictures are scheduled for April 21st. Order envelopes have been sent home.
Our second grade students presented songs, dances, and information about Peru. We were so impressed with their information and talent. Our third grade students shared a Virtual Tour of Spain. They have been researching, writing scripts, and using the iPads to create videos about cities and places in Northern Spain.
Attached is a link so you can see our students application of Spanish Language Arts and 21st Century Learner Skills. For easy viewing, click the "next" and "stop" buttons to the left of the red dots that identify cities. Thanks Sr. Mato and Sr. Chamorro for your innovation!https://tourbuilder.withgoogle.com/builder#play/ahJzfmd3ZWItdG91cmJ1aWxkZXJyEQsSBFRvdXIYgICAvI6K4QgM
Save the Dates
Many of you need advance notification so you can arrange your schedules. These are school-wide events or events that impact several levels. Teachers will send class and grade level information in their newsletters.
- 20th - This will be the first day school is extended by 30 minutes. Students will be dismissed at 3:05. If you are picking up your car riders, plan on being in classrooms by 3:15. We will dismiss at this time until the last day of school on May 29th. Afternoon bus routes will also run 30 minutes later.
- 21st - Group Picture Day
- 24th - Taste of Maxwell
- 28th - Class Placement Surveys Due
- 13th, 14th, 15th, 18th, and 20th - State KPREP Testing for grades 3-5.
- 14th - Spring Concert (Band, Orchestra and Chorus) at 6:00PM
- 19th - No School (Election Day)
- 22nd - May Showcase: Kindergarten students will perform for families at 9:00 after our school assembly at 8:00.
- 25th - No School (Memorial Day)
- 26th - Fun Day (Weather Make-up Day will be the 28th)
- 27th - Move-up Day
- 29th - Fifth Grade Breakfast (hosted by 4th grade-8:00)
- 29th - Fifth Grade Promotion Ceremony at 12:30
- 29th - Last Day of School
Maxwell Escuela de Inmersión en Español is a learning community committed to: equity, proficiency for all, and Spanish language acquisition empowering students for success in a global society.
Maxwell Elementary, Escuela de Inmersión en Español, es una comunidad de aprendizaje comprometida con la igualdad, la competencia académica para todos y la adquisición de la lengua española con el fin de que sus alumnos tengan éxito en una sociedad global.