Escuela de Inmersión en Español
Our second grade students presented songs, dances, and information about Peru. We were so impressed with their information and talent. Our third grade students shared a Virtual Tour of Spain. They have been researching, writing scripts, and using the iPads to create videos about cities and places in Northern Spain.
Attached is a link so you can see our students application of Spanish Language Arts and 21st Century Learner Skills. For easy viewing, click the "next" and "stop" buttons to the left of the red dots that identify cities. Thanks Sr. Mato and Sr. Chamorro for your innovation!https://tourbuilder.withgoogle.com/builder#play/ahJzfmd3ZWItdG91cmJ1aWxkZXJyEQsSBFRvdXIYgICAvI6K4QgM
Save the Dates
Many of you need advance notification so you can arrange your schedules. These are school-wide events or events that impact several levels. Teachers will send class and grade level information in their newsletters.
- 6th - return from Spring Break
- 20th - This will be the first day school is extended 30 minutes. Students will be dismissed at 3:05. If you are picking up your car riders, plan on being in classrooms by 3:15. We will dismiss at this time until the last day of school on May 29th
- 24th - Taste of Maxwell (more information will be provided by PTA)
- 13th, 14th, 15th, 18th, and 20th - State KPREP Testing for grades 3-5.
- 14th - Spring Concert (Band, Orchestra and Chorus) at 6:00PM
- 19th - No School (Election Day)
- 22nd - May Showcase: Kindergarten students will perform for families at 9:00 after our school assembly at 8:00.
- 25th - No School (Memorial Day)
- 26th - Fun Day (Weather Make-up Day will be the 27th)
- 28th - Fifth Grade Breakfast (hosted by 4th grade-8:00)
- 29th - Fifth Grade Promotion Ceremony at 12:30
- 29th - Last Day of School
Maxwell Escuela de Inmersión en Español is a learning community committed to: equity, proficiency for all, and Spanish language acquisition empowering students for success in a global society.
Maxwell Elementary, Escuela de Inmersión en Español, es una comunidad de aprendizaje comprometida con la igualdad, la competencia académica para todos y la adquisición de la lengua española con el fin de que sus alumnos tengan éxito en una sociedad global.